Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Beginning

Finally it has happened... I am a bride-to-be. I have always dreamed of this day, ripping out pictures of dresses and flowers and pasting them in a notebook. What I didn't calculate into this dream is that I would be 25 years old and jobless, but I guess that is why they call them "dreams".


A little back story about me and my hubby-to-be. I was brought up by two wonderful parents and two crazy sisters. My mother was a very organized and stern woman where as my father was very caring, easy going, and even sometimes naive. I spent most of my childhood in the comfort of being a middle class family, enjoying vacations every year and borrowing money from dad when I needed it. But then the recession hit and everything changed over night. Being unprepared for the lack of business, my father's company went from being slow to out-of-business. I can not tell you how devastated I was for my father. I watched him build his business from a one man team working out of our basement to a company of 10+ employees and 4 company vehicles. I could only imagine how it felt to see your life's work taken away from you in the blink of an eye. From then on it was no more vacations or borrowing of money.


Fast forward to when I met Jeremy. At the time I was still living with my parents, trying to help support them where I could. But even though I was working two full-time jobs, I made sure to find time to go to Trivia every Thursday night. Jeremy was the host, of course. I immediately had a crush on him. He was funny, smart, and super sweet. After the approval of our mutual friends (and him getting enough courage to ask me out) we started dating.


Since then we have been dating for over two and a half years and couldn't be happier. We both have had our ups and downs. Since I met Jeremy I have been through 3 jobs, 2 job trainings which have shipped me to different states for months end, and most recently I lost my job.And Jeremy, who is still in college, has had his graduation date pushed back several times because of his research. But through all of that we've remained supportive and hopeful of each other. We spoke plenty of times about getting married but because of our current situation I never thought it would happen anytime soon. When he finally proposed  I couldn't of been more surprised (I will go into detail about the proposal on the next post). 


So that's my story in a nutshell. I wanted to start this blog mostly for me to keep my sanity but also to connect with other brides-to-be.This is my first official blog and it is new territory for me. Any and all suggestions and feedback are welcomed. I can't wait to see what the future (and this blog) holds for me!


Much Love- Jayne

0 comments:

Post a Comment